Lifestyle and Specialty Therapies
There are three very important areas of lifestyle beyond food that have profound effects on health that I am trained to assess and have many tools and resources for you. These can be powerful healing modalities as well.
- Sleep: Our body and brain does all of its healing and detoxifying while we sleep and only during certain periods of sleep. Getting enough is crucial to wellness.
- Physical Activity “Exercise is Medicine”: Everyone has their own style and preference for moving, from walking to competitive sports, to Zumba. They also have a unique fitness level, physiology and tolerance of physical activity that can be influenced by genetics. When it comes to moving, like food, joy and fun is important. I promise to keep it fun so you will keep going!
- Stress Management: Stress saps us of our health and nutrients. It causes hormone imbalances and suppresses the immune system. I can give you tools and skills to manage your stress and restore balance.
- Group Support: One thing blue zones, areas of the world that have lots of people that live to be 100+, have that we don’t is a strong community and support system. The one thing that really makes some popular weight loss programs work is the community they create. Sometimes nothing replaces being around others that are experiencing similar challenges. For a powerful experiment in Functional Medicine community, learn about the Daniel Plan. https://www.danielplan.com/start/about-us/what-is-the-plan/
What I can’t do, someone can! I am working on an extensive referral network in our community for augmenting our work as appropriate with such therapies as:
- Chelation therapy
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Infrared Sauna
- Talk therapy for history of trauma or abuse